The 80″ wheelbase Nostalgia chassis & fiberglass floor was designed to complement the line of fiberglass bodies that Berrien Buggy manufactures. The nostalgia chassis is designed to use stock VW type 1 running gear. 1958 through 1978 except super beetle. It’s stronger than a stock pan, plus saves time and allows tunnel access from underneath that you don’t get with a stock chassis. The Nostalgia chassis can be used with any body made to fit on a stock Beetle pan that has been shortened 14 1/2″ and uses stock pedal placement. The fiberglass floor features a ribbed design for added strength. The shiny, black, gel-coat finish won’t rust and doesn’t need to be painted. The chassis is made of square tubing, with a 2″ main frame & 1-1/2″ infrastructure, adding an extra 1-1/2″ of lift to the body for increased tire clearance. It features body mounting holes that are pre-drilled, sealed and recessed so that the bolts do not protrude below the chassis. The clutch cable tube, master cylinder mount, pedal mount and seat track mounting brackets are all factory installed, as well as the four front clamps that weld to the chassis. In addition, the fiberglass floor is pre-drilled and bolted in place.
* When you purchase a Chassis from 109 Dune Buggies, you will receive an MCO (Manufacturers Certificate of Origin) that will be used in place of a Title. For fellow Texas residents, this will make the process regarding getting your Dune Buggy LEGALLY Titled/Registered in the State of Texas far easier, than if you had an Original OEM Chassis or no Title at all.
The Nostalgia chassis comes standard with:
- Fiberglass Floorpan drilled and mounted
- 8 front-end clamps w/bolts & nylock nuts
- Shift coupler inspection plate
- A sandblasted & capped stock VW torsion with Chrome Spring Plate Caps
- Tube for throttle cable
- Tube for clutch cable
- Tubes for emergency brake cables
- Brackets installed for mounting: master cylinder, pedal assembly, e-brake handle, shifter, shift tube, nylon shift bushing, seat tracks
- An MCO (Manufacturers Certificate of Origin)
Part #C058-BB315 - $2295.00
Stand alone fiberglass floorpan - Part # C058-BB315A - $520.00
Nostalgia Chassis Options
- Weld on Battery Box
- Rear Bumper Cage Kit (Merged or Split Exhaust Available)
- Narrowed Rear Torsion Area (Swing Axle Only)
109 Dune Buggies can offer Powdercoating & Shipping.
For more information email email@example.com